Privacy and Cookies Policy
The policy: This privacy and cookies policy notice is for this website [www.businessoptix.com] served by BusinessOptix Ltd., 7 Wey Court, Mary Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4QU, United Kingdom and governs the privacy of those who use it.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
If you do not agree to the following policy, you may wish to cease viewing or using this website.
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [BusinessOptix Limited].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under GDPR, we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful basis.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we process personal data only for:
- staff administration (including payroll);
- advertising, marketing and public relations (in connection with our own business activity); and
- accounts and records;
Lawful basis: Consent
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent, or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information with third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, when working with our trusted partners to respond to your requests and where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area: we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area to our EMS provider (Hubspot) in the United States. We ensure appropriate safeguards are in place with Hubspot who have self-certified themselves as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
We use three distinct types of cookie:
- Google Analytics: you can opt out of this by installing the browser add-on which is available here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Cookies provided by our EMS (Hubspot) and WordPress: you can opt into or out of these on first use; thereafter you can manage and delete them using your web browser as described above.
- Cookies provided by Mouseflow: you can opt into or out of this on first use: thereafter you can manage and delete them using your web browser as described above.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement, as well as our ISO27001 certification requirements.
ISO 27001:2018 Certified
BusinessOptix is committed to providing our clients with a robust information security management. Through our ISO 27001 certification, we have developed and implemented processes and procedures that enable us to maintain and continually improve our information security management.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is Hubspot. We may hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Company Name
- IP address
- Subscription time & date
You may yourself view, correct or remove any or all of this data.
We do not share this data with third parties.
Last Updated: 19 January 2022