As a company, BusinessOptix, recognises that we are in a climate emergency, and that as an organisation we have a part to play in taking action to address the threat of climate change. We are dedicated to being ethically responsible and conscious of our impact on the environment, both locally and globally.
This policy is the foundation of our proactive and thorough approach we must take to sustainability and reducing our impact on the world around us. It is how we will measure our success and embedding sustainability across our operations, services and actions.
Our Sustainability Policy will guide our work in this area and be transparent about all the great things we already have done and are planning to do in the future.
Addressing sustainability is on the global agenda and we as an organisation have an active part to play within this. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2016-2030, provide a blueprint of 17 goals in which global peace and prosperity can be achieved now and in the future by the year 2030.
The SDGs are interconnected and address a wide range of global challenges we face relating to climate, inequality, environmental preservation, poverty, and justice. These challenges and the goals within the blueprint are integrated, action in one area will affect outcomes in others, and that development must balance social, economic and environmental sustainability.
The seventeen goals are:
- 1. No Poverty
- 2. Zero Hunger
- 3. Good Health and Well-Being
- 4. Quality Education
- 5. Gender Equality
- 6. Clean Water and Sanitation
- 7. Affordable and Clean Energy
- 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth
- 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- 10. Reduced Inequalities
- 11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
- 12. Responsible Consumption and Production
- 13. Climate Action
- 14. Life Below Water
- 15. Life on Land
- 16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- 17. Partnerships for the Goals
1. Creating a culture which prioritises and promotes sustainability at BusinessOptixTo do this we will:
- Embed sustainability criteria into our decisions, proposals, and projects.
- Communicate our work to our members and be honest about our progress.
- Train, reward and recognize staff for their work to address climate change and actioning progress to the SDGs.
2. Strengthen our sustainability collaborations and ensure our partners are ethically and environmentally responsibleTo do this we will:
- Make the most of the sustainability resources and partnerships
- Create criteria for our external clients to show their ethical and environmental responsibility.
- Review our suppliers and expand ways in which we can work with local, sustainable, and ethical businesses.
3. Reduce the environmental footprint of our operations as compliant with our BusinessOptix Environmental PolicyTo do this we will:
- Conduct an operations environmental audit.
- Set targets as an organization for our energy and waste production.
- Reduce single-use plastics and paper across our operations.
- Reduce carbon emissions through actions set out in our policy.
4. Empower, educate, and equip our members on sustainabilityTo do this we will:
- Use established networks on sustainability to promote and take climate action.
- Educate and encourage others to make more sustainable choices through example by our venues, campaigns, and communications.
- Broaden our audience therefore widening our impact within our member community.
Last Updated: 8th June 2023